From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: GMGPL Claw Page
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:21:22 -0500
Date: 2002-04-29T15:21:22-05:00	[thread overview]

David Botton wrote in message ...
>The GMGPL Claw project is to coordinate efforts on the GMGPL version.
RR is
>of course welcome to take from the project as they see fit provided the
lic.
>works out, ie. if I was to write an extension to GMGPL Claw and made it
>available also under the GMGPL, they would not be able to incorporate
it in
>to their non-GMGPL version.
>
>You choose the lic. of your submissions (direct extensions to GMGPL
Claw of
>course would have to be made as either GMGPL or Public Domain). Since
the
>extension is (c) yourself, you can of course choose to send RR a copy
(under
>different lic. terms) also for incorporation in the full version in
addition
>to it being incorporated in the GMGPL version.
>
>The goal of this project like most others using the GMGPL. Is to
promote
>Ada. The more active projects the better!

David is exactly right. It's your choice if you want to let us use your
submissions in the full version of Claw or not.

If you want to let us use them unconditionally, either make them Public
Domain, or make them GMGPL and contact me separately to let us use them
in the full Claw. (No promises, of course.)

If you want to let us use them IFF we make the full Claw GMGPL, make
them GMGPL and insist on that for us to use them. This would be a
potential way to convince us to open up full Claw: if there are GMGPLed
components out there that we just have to have, then that may force me
to apply the GMGPL to the entire Claw bindings.

If you never want to let us use them in any circumstances, then you'll
have to use a more restrictive, non-GPL license.

Happy (and safer) Windows programming!

          Randy Brukardt