From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Mission-Critical Design: Ada.Unchecked_Deallocation vs Garbage Collection
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 08:41:21 -0400
Date: 2014-07-18T08:41:21-04:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:17:48 -0700 (PDT), NiGHTS <nights@unku.us> declaimed
the following:

>In mission-critical design applications, do they favor garbage collectors or the unchecked deallocation?

	Based upon the examples I've seen at work (flight management systems):
NEITHER...

	Any dynamic memory gets allocated during the initialization step (based
on some configuration "file" to identify how much of each component to
create), and once that completes the only "dynamic" memory is the stack
(and not even the secondary stack used in some operations -- like run-time
string concatenation; no: put("string " & integer'image(val) & " more"); )