From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Literate Programming
Date: 2000/05/08
Date: 2000-05-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8f6iue$pu5$1@news.fas.harvard.edu>,
  Thomas Preymesser <tp@odn.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is anyone doing literate programming with Ada?

Seeing as the substance of literate programming is very little
more than writing code that is properly documented, I would
hope that everyone is doing literate programming in Ada. The
very fact that this needed to be identified as a special
technique and given a special name is a bit appalling. The
idea of programs that are illiterate and cannot be read is
frightening to me.

If you mean the use of tools that allow the documentation to
be extracted in convenient form, yes many people are using
many tools for that.

A favorite technique of Jean Ichbian was to use Microsoft WORD
to prepare source programs, with all the "literate" text as
hidden text, so to generate the output for the compiler. you
just generate ASCII with hidden text not displayed. Worked
very nicely!

> I don't have specific questions or problems but would be
interested in

http://www.planetall.com/main.asp?cid=1679268
> -- noch 239 Tage bis zum neuen Jahrtausend

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.