From: Sven Utcke <utcke@tu-harburg.de>
Subject: Re: Ada and Literate Programming
Date: 2000/05/10
Date: 2000-05-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> writes:

> In article <39171625@pfaff.ethz.ch>,
>   Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
>
> > Its something I'd like to see, as the concept of keeping
> > source code and documentation in the same file is very
> > attractive to me.
>
> To me too, but I think it is better to keep it in straight
> monospaced text. Yes, this means you can't make such pretty
> pictures or use elegant fonts, but what you can do is to
> maintain it with exactly the same editors, configuration
> management and versioning tools etc as you use for the source,
> increasing the chance that it is kept up to date as the
> source is changed.

But of course this is just (one of) the point(s) about literate
programming, to give you the tools that allow you to include pretty
pictures and elegant fonts _within_ your source-code.  Maybe you
should have a look at the FAQ in comp.programming.literate?

Sven
--
 _    _  _____           Artificial Intelligence Unit
|____|_|\_\___| fax  :      +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D-22527 Hamburg