From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Can anyone build AWS on Windows?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 17:24:28 -0500
Date: 2014-10-09T17:24:28-05:00	[thread overview]

"Shark8" <OneWingedShark@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:C_AXv.397465$UR.6257@fx04.iad...
>> And installing requires  some different tools on UNIX and Windows.
>> Plus the whole stupidity of \ vs / for directory separator and not
>> counting the ; vs : path separator.
>
> Windows allows you to use /, it has since before Vista [IIRC].

Off topic, but Windows always has allowed one to use '/'. In fact, so did
MS-DOS. I think it always did since paths were introduced. The issue is that
'/' is typically the command line option character, so using '/' as a path
separator often doesn't work in command line tools (depends on the tool).
But it's always worked in the underlying OS, so programs can use it.

                             Randy.