From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
Subject: Re: Can anyone build AWS on Windows?
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 18:27:13 +0200
Date: 2014-10-03T18:27:13+02:00	[thread overview]

Le mercredi 01 octobre 2014 à 23:13 -0700, Shark8 a écrit :
> Compiling AWS is a pain; IMO, it's stupid to make a library that needs a
> non-native build system/environment (Cygwin, in this case) when you have
> such a great language as Ada... one that's *supposed* to be good at
> porting between platforms --

That's easy to say, but please look at AWS code! The needs for a
MingW/Cygwin environment is to launch the command, compile the static
and dynamic libraries and install the stuff. And installing requires
some different tools on UNIX and Windows. Plus the whole stupidity of \
vs / for directory separator and not counting the ; vs : path separator.

That being said with the introduction of gprinstall I do plan at some
point to provide a simple Windows script to build and install AWS.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B