From: Shark8 <OneWingedShark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Can anyone build AWS on Windows?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 23:13:32 -0700
Date: 2014-10-01T23:13:32-07:00	[thread overview]

On 10/1/2014 9:34 AM, David Botton wrote:
> Since I haven't found a volunteer to try gnoga on windows I setup a Win box and...
> AWS doesn't compile. Makefile issues. I am using CygWin and GNAT-GPL 2014.
>
> Has anyone managed to get it to compile and run?
>
> Thanks
> David Botton

Compiling AWS is a pain; IMO, it's stupid to make a library that needs a
non-native build system/environment (Cygwin, in this case) when you have
such a great language as Ada... one that's *supposed* to be good at
porting between platforms -- it's also a bit weird that [with AdaCore]
things like PolyORB come with a nice installer but AWS doesn't.