From: Jeremiah <jeremiah.breeden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Can anyone build AWS on Windows?
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 19:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-03T19:04:04-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, October 3, 2014 12:27:18 PM UTC-4, Pascal Obry wrote:

> That being said with the introduction of gprinstall I do plan at some
>
> point to provide a simple Windows script to build and install AWS.

I definitely look forward to this.  After about 10 "after work nights" of trying to get AWS to build with Cygwin, I gave up.  I originally didn't know what MSYS was, so I did some research and tried out minGW, which worked once I reinstalled GPS to a new location.  Granted that is mostly all my fault for not knowing anything about operating inside of Cygwin.  The install process isn't very newbie friendly in that respect  (I haven't even seen a makefile in 8ish years), but I understand.  I am glad yall are working towards a simpler install.

All that said, I really do appreciate the work you put in for AWS.  It is a great tool that I have been having fun with trying out different things.  I apologize if the above paragraph sounds too much like complaining.

For David:
I put some feedback in your Gnoga on Windows thread before I saw you had started this one as well.