From: Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: Hash table
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:42:55 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2005-08-14T22:42:55+00:00	[thread overview]

David Trudgett wrote:
>>will install Charles, the precursor container library to
>>Ada.Containers (in fact, Matt Heaney submitted Charles as his proposal
>>for the standard containers).  Its interface is similar to that of
>>Ada.Containers.  I recommend you use that for the time being.

The Charles API is nothing like the Ada.Containers API IMHO but if
you are happy to use it rather than the new standard API it doesn't
really matter! :-)

Matt and I don't agree on exactly what to use if you want to use
something that will be like the Ada200Y API - he like generics as
you can use them in an Ada200Y fashion, I think that if you are
using Ada95 an Ada95 access type fashion is good enough (is this
accurate Matt?). But with the 'standard' now sooooo close to being
accepted (at least by the ARG) all the compiler vendors will pull
the finger out on this one at least and start supporting the
extentions needed.

Cheers

-- Martin
(http://www.martin.dowie.btinternet.co.uk/ home of the now slightly
out of date Ada95 version of the the Ada200Y container library.
Really must get that updated someday... ;-)