From: "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@baesystems.com>
Subject: Re: Hash table
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:33:22 +0100
Date: 2005-08-16T07:34:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Matthew Heaney wrote:
> Martin Dowie wrote:
>>> Matt and I don't agree on exactly what to use if you want to use
>>> something that will be like the Ada200Y API - he like generics as
>>> you can use them in an Ada200Y fashion, I think that if you are
>>> using Ada95 an Ada95 access type fashion is good enough (is this
>>> accurate Matt?).
>
> No, the named access type approach is *not* good enough, because it's
> impossible to use a locally-declared subprogram (the only thing that
> makes any sense) as the iterator parameter.

Well, I have written some programs that do this using package level and
while it isn't as nice as Ada200Y will be, it does work and it has the
benefit of not needing to be changed when I can move to an Ada200Y
compiler. That's a bigger hurdle for me than using the generic solution,
which would have to change.

Cheers

-- Martin