From: mrr@scss3.cl.msu.edu (Mark Riordan)
Subject: GNAT NT & Ada.Direct_IO
Date: 9 Jan 1995 04:33:02 GMT
Date: 1995-01-09T04:33:02+00:00	[thread overview]

I have been using GNAT NT 2.0c to try to recompile the
file a-direio.adb, which is the package body Ada.Direct_IO.
When I run:

   gcc -c a-direio.adb

I am surprised to get the message:

"No code generated for Ada.Direct_Io (body) in file a-direio.adb"

[The non-capitalization of _Io is interesting, but that's just
a passing point.]

Other Ada bodies generally compile OK.  I suspect that the
problem here is my trying to compile an "Ada." package, but I
don't know why that's a problem.

Incidentally, the reason I'm trying to recompile Ada.Direct_IO
is that the Public Ada Library Card Catalog program doesn't
work under GNAT NT.  It appears to be choking on a control-Z
in a binary input file; the direct I/O files are being opened
in text mode by the Direct_IO package.  I'm trying to hack
around the problem.

Thanks for any help,

Mark R  a newcomer to Ada