* Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
@ 1997-04-25  0:00 xyz
From: xyz @ 1997-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody!

  I could not find any "gnatpath.bat" or something so on my PC
after (successful) installation of GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT.
Only a command "set path=c:\usr" is added in my autoexec.bat.

  The application does not work at all.

  Who can send me a setup file or show me where I can download
such a file, or tell me how to setup GNAT?

					  Thanks,

				     Tran Ngoc Duong.

* Re: Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
@ 1997-04-26  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-04-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew reported an installation problem with the NT version of
GNAT. This is pretty clearly an isntallation problem. The best thing
is to start again, being sure to clean everything away, and start again,
following the instructions carefully. Generally it is better to install in
the default locatoin since that simplifies the installation.

The GNAT version of NT is by no means a simple turnkey installatoin,
since that is not a priority for us right now, though we will improve
the installation procedure as we go along! You need to be VERY careful
in following the directions.

Certainly a lot of people *have* managed to install it successfully!

Again, I recommend joining the chat@gnat.com newsgroup, where you can get
some useful informal help on installation from experienced users using
the NT version. Send email to chat-request@gnat.com to subscribe.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
@ 1997-04-27  0:00 ` Matthew Kennedy
From: Matthew Kennedy @ 1997-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I have a similar problem. Please let me know if you solve it.

I have installed the Win95/NT GNAT 3.09 compiler and I run Win95. My
problem goes like this: I get the yes_no.adb file (from the Lovelace
tutorial) which is:

----
with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
with Ada.Characters.Handling;
  use Ada.Characters.Handling;
procedure Yes_No is
Response : Character;
begin
  Put("Would you like me to say Hello?");
  Get(Response);  -- Get first character.
  if (To_Lower(Response) = 'y') then
    Put("Hello!");
  else
    Put("Okay, I won't.");
  end if;
end Yes_No;
----

Then I compile it in my /usr directory by typing 'gnatmake yes_no.adb'
and then I get the following output error:

----
f:\usr >gnatmake yes_no.adb
gcc -c yes_no.adb
gnatbind -x yes_no.ali
gnatlink yes_no.ali
f:/usr/bin/ld.exe: cannot open ./yes_no: No such file or directory
(ENOENT)
gnatmake: *** link failed.
f:\usr >
----

Please note I have followed the instructions about installation on
drives other than c:.

What could be going wrong? Any help - many thanks.

--
Matthew Kennedy
Student of Electronics Engineering, USQ Australia

* Re: Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
@ 1997-04-28  0:00     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1997-04-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)