From: Matthew Kennedy <q957722@mail.connect.usq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
Date: 1997/04/27
Date: 1997-04-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I think I have a similar problem. Please let me know if you solve it.

I have installed the Win95/NT GNAT 3.09 compiler and I run Win95. My
problem goes like this: I get the yes_no.adb file (from the Lovelace
tutorial) which is:

----
with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
with Ada.Characters.Handling;
  use Ada.Characters.Handling;
procedure Yes_No is
Response : Character;
begin
  Put("Would you like me to say Hello?");
  Get(Response);  -- Get first character.
  if (To_Lower(Response) = 'y') then
    Put("Hello!");
  else
    Put("Okay, I won't.");
  end if;
end Yes_No;
----

Then I compile it in my /usr directory by typing 'gnatmake yes_no.adb'
and then I get the following output error:

----
f:\usr >gnatmake yes_no.adb
gcc -c yes_no.adb
gnatbind -x yes_no.ali
gnatlink yes_no.ali
f:/usr/bin/ld.exe: cannot open ./yes_no: No such file or directory
(ENOENT)
gnatmake: *** link failed.
f:\usr >
----

Please note I have followed the instructions about installation on
drives other than c:.

What could be going wrong? Any help - many thanks.

--
Matthew Kennedy
Student of Electronics Engineering, USQ Australia