From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Help! How to setup GNAT 3.09 for Windows NT?
Date: 1997/04/26
Date: 1997-04-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Matthew reported an installation problem with the NT version of
GNAT. This is pretty clearly an isntallation problem. The best thing
is to start again, being sure to clean everything away, and start again,
following the instructions carefully. Generally it is better to install in
the default locatoin since that simplifies the installation.

The GNAT version of NT is by no means a simple turnkey installatoin,
since that is not a priority for us right now, though we will improve
the installation procedure as we go along! You need to be VERY careful
in following the directions.

Certainly a lot of people *have* managed to install it successfully!

Again, I recommend joining the chat@gnat.com newsgroup, where you can get
some useful informal help on installation from experienced users using
the NT version. Send email to chat-request@gnat.com to subscribe.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies