* Ada Support on Archlinux
@ 2023-07-09 18:22 Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2023-07-09 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.all,

    Unfortunately, the attempt to have gprbuild and xmlada added into
the official Archlinux package repositories has not been successful.
Nonetheless, thanks to those who voted for these packages. The gist of
the problem from Arch's Trusted Users (who manage adding new packages
into the official repo's) was "I don't use Ada, so I won't sponsor it.".

    Given this situation, I've created a custom repository for the (50
odd) Arch Ada packages, currently served by a Linode. Details (and the
current package list) can be found here ...

               https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Ada

    If anyone has any suggestions for additional Ada projects to add to
the package list, please let me know.

Regards.

* Re: Ada Support on Archlinux
@ 2023-07-10  5:09 ` Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2023-07-10  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Glug ... I jumped the gun a bit.

    There is a security issue to be resolved. The above link will not
show the full details til then.

    I'll re-post when the problem is fixed.

* Re: Ada Support on Archlinux
@ 2023-07-16 21:26   ` Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2023-07-16 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/7/23 15:09, Rod Kay wrote:
>     Glug ... I jumped the gun a bit.
>
>     There is a security issue to be resolved. The above link will not
> show the full details til then.
>
>     I'll re-post when the problem is fixed.

Ok, security problem resolved. All green to go :).