From: Rod Kay <rodakay5@gmail.com>
Subject: Ada Support on Archlinux
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 04:22:50 +1000	[thread overview]

Hello.all,

    Unfortunately, the attempt to have gprbuild and xmlada added into
the official Archlinux package repositories has not been successful.
Nonetheless, thanks to those who voted for these packages. The gist of
the problem from Arch's Trusted Users (who manage adding new packages
into the official repo's) was "I don't use Ada, so I won't sponsor it.".

    Given this situation, I've created a custom repository for the (50
odd) Arch Ada packages, currently served by a Linode. Details (and the
current package list) can be found here ...

               https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Ada

    If anyone has any suggestions for additional Ada projects to add to
the package list, please let me know.

Regards.