* JSF Avionics Software will be C++
@ 2001-11-10 12:16 Michael Card
From: Michael Card @ 2001-11-10 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey CLA-

I spoke to someone at Green Hills about JSF. If I understood correctly,
the JSF will indeed use the Integrity RTOS, but almost all of the
avionics software will be C++. I believe the only Ada in the system
will be from either legacy components or non-LMC components from
subcontractors, like the engine control software for the Pratt &
Whitney engines.

Again, this is my take. Could be wrong, but this is what I thought I
heard...

 - Mike

* RE: JSF Avionics Software will be C++
@ 2001-11-10 18:11 ` Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. @ 2001-11-10 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada, Michael Card

From: Bob Leif
If this is true, a whole generation of lawyers will have a golden
opportunity for product liability litigation.

@ 2001-11-11 15:24 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-11-11 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my most recent conversations with colleagues still at Pratt, the word has
been that Pratt is still using Ada for the engine control software and has
no intention of changing that any time soon.

Of course, plans can change and this doesn't mean that supporting software
won't be changed to something other than Ada. But at least the engine
control software is likely to remain in Ada.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

@ 2001-11-12  2:28 ` John R. Strohm
From: John R. Strohm @ 2001-11-12  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you happen to know which part of Lockheed-Martin is doing the JSF
avionics software? Or are they subbing it out to someone else?

@ 2001-11-17 20:23   ` Will
From: Will @ 2001-11-17 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"> I spoke to someone at Green Hills about JSF. If I understood correctly,
> the JSF will indeed use the Integrity RTOS,
apparently an OS written in C
Thank God!