From: ANH_VO@udlp.com
To: comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org
Subject: Possible Bug, Need Second Opinion
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:01:41 -0500
Date: 2001-09-23T13:01:41-05:00	[thread overview]

I am nearly 100% certain that the codes below should compile fine. But, I would
like to have second opinion possibly more before reporting it.

with Interfaces;

package Global is

   type Size_T is new Interfaces.Unsigned_32;

end Global;

with Global;
with Interfaces.C.Pointers;

package Index_Rejection is

   use Global;

   type Data_Array is array (Size_T range <>) of aliased Integer;

   package Data_Pointers is
      new Interfaces.C.Pointers
             (Index => Size_T,
              Element => Integer,
              Element_Array => Data_Array,
              Default_Terminator => 0);

end Index_Rejection;

However, when compiled using GNAT 3.13p on Windows 95, the compiler complains
with an error message of  'index_rejection.ads:14:32: index types of actual do
not match those of formal "Element_Array"'. On the other hand, if Size_T on
lines 8 and 12 is fully qualified as shown below, the compiler was happy.

with Global;
with Interfaces.C.Pointers;

package Index_Rejection is

   use Global;

   type Data_Array is array (Global.Size_T range <>) of aliased Integer;

   package Data_Pointers is
      new Interfaces.C.Pointers
             (Index => Global.Size_T,
              Element => Integer,
              Element_Array => Data_Array,
              Default_Terminator => 0);

end Index_Rejection;

Am I correct to conclude that there is a bug in the compiler?

Anh Vo