From: "Frank J. Lhota" <NOSPAM.lhota.adarose@verizon.net>
Subject: GNAT and Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:12:52 GMT
Date: 2004-05-03T19:12:52+00:00	[thread overview]

The Windows version of GNAT 3.14p does not implement the optional real time
package Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control. The Win32 API has the functions
SuspendThread / ResumeThread needed to implement this package. To actually
implement Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control, we need to remove the
Unimplemented_Unit pragma from the specification and provide the appropriate
body.

The package body for Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control in the "adainclude"
directory, however, has empty subprogram bodies. No details are provided as
to how the higher-level, task-related data is to be manipulated should be
manipulated by this package. I recall seeing a more detailed version of a
Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control body, with comments indicating where the
OS-specific calls need to go. Is this version of the
Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control body still distributed, and if so, where can I
find it?