From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: GNAT and Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:47:32 +0200
Date: 2004-05-04T17:47:32+02:00	[thread overview]

Frank J. Lhota wrote:

> The Windows version of GNAT 3.14p does not implement the optional real
> time package Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control. The Win32 API has the
> functions SuspendThread / ResumeThread needed to implement this package.
> To actually implement Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control, we need to remove the
> Unimplemented_Unit pragma from the specification and provide the
> appropriate body.
>
> The package body for Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control in the "adainclude"
> directory, however, has empty subprogram bodies. No details are provided
> as to how the higher-level, task-related data is to be manipulated should
> be manipulated by this package. I recall seeing a more detailed version of
> a Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control body, with comments indicating where the
> OS-specific calls need to go. Is this version of the
> Ada.Asynchronous_Task_Control body still distributed, and if so, where can
> I find it?

If you want to extend GNAT you should download the current development
version of GNAT from:

:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc

That is, of course a cvs address. The actual commands for the download are:

SET CVSROOT=:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc
cvs -qz9 checkout -P gcc

This GNAT Version is 2 years more modern then the one you have got. However,
I have not been able to compile this version with Windows. Linux is OK.

Still you can have a look at the package in question. Either look at the
Linux version of the package or perhaps the feature has been included in
the current windows version allready.

Have Fun.

With Regards

Martin