From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: logical operations in Ada
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 06:24:24 -0600
Date: 2001-02-11T06:24:24-06:00	[thread overview]

It is not necessary to use bit-wise logical operations to
implement a To_Upper function, since that operation
is defined by the language in the package
Ada.Characters.Handling, defined in section A.3.2 of
the Ada Reference Manual.

Logical operations are predefined for Boolean types,
modular types, and one-dimensional arrays of
Boolean types -- see section 4.5.1

Section 13.8 of the manual describes what are termed
Machine Code Insertions in Ada.  However, Ada is
so powerful and flexible, that Machine Code Insertions
are rarely necessary.