From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: logical operations in Ada
Date: 11 Feb 2001 13:59:50 +0100
Date: 2001-02-11T13:59:50+01:00	[thread overview]

"Freelancer" <freelancer_2001@hotmail.com> writes:

> Could anyone tell me how to do basic operation on ASCii characters?

Why do you think these are 'logical operations'?

> More specifically, I would like to do a to_upper function for example :
>
> 'a' becomes 'A' ( a to_upper function)

Do you need a function for case conversion, or do you want to do
fiddle with bits?  Have a look at the package Ada.Characters.Handling
or modular types (for which logical operations are defined).

> Is it possible to define a block of assembly language code in an ada
> program as well?

Yes, see your compiler documentation on 'Machine Code Insertions'.