From: chris <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: generic imports?  void* -> generics?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:12:58 +0100
Date: 2003-09-20T00:12:58+01:00	[thread overview]

Nick Roberts wrote:

> The general idea is that Ada code is able to read a variable from the memory
> area returned by this C function, interpreted as a stream array so that the
> variable's stream-oriented Read procedure or Input function can be used
> directly. There could well be difficulties associated with writing data
> using C code and then reading it using (stream-oriented) Ada code.

That's an interesting idea!  I'll have to remember that one in future,
thanks for that.

My understanding of Lua is that it wouldn't usually be a problem as the
C code would probably call Ada functions to do the work on the Userdata.
     There might be cases where that wouldn't happen but I'm not sure
(lua will gc the userdata if it's not 'lightweight', but you can control
how it does this through a user defined function)

Chris