From: drrob106@gmail.com
Subject: Re: gnatmake error I don't understand
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-04-04T13:02:19-07:00	[thread overview]

Some have already noticed my Modula-2 origins.  I am just learning Ada, so my coding style is that of what I know (as we all do).  I could not find electronic versions of that code, so I typed it myself using my own style.

I was able to get this code to link by adding a separate procedure, testhabits.adb that merely called Habits from texthabits.

I was not aware that libraries listed in 'with' clause in a spec file do not need to be repeated in the body file.  I'll play with that a little.  I never coded this way in M-2, and I don't think that M-2 would have allowed that.

As was suggested, the error may be in my gpr file; the for Main use (""); line defines a separate file.

How would I write the gpr file if I were to try to have the main program in the package, as I've tried to do here?

It is my understanding that C-flavored languages do this routinely.  At least, from what I've seen in books and articles.

Thanks guys for all the help.