From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Exit Loop_Statement
Date: 2000/05/09
Date: 2000-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3917D075.243A3A01@maths.unine.ch>,
  Gautier <gautier.demontmollin@maths.unine.ch> wrote:
> >           exit Any_File when Any(I+1).Clients(1..3) =
"Stop";
> Look twice at
>   Clients(1..3)
> and
>   "Stop"
> How many letters ;-) ?
> To make insensitive: ... when To_Upper(...) = "STOP"
>
> HTH
> Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/

Right, this Gautier post nicely illustrates what I meant in
my previous post. Helpful hints, without giving the solution
away.

No one wants students to get frustrated, and we all know the
frustration of bumping into a bug which due to temporary
blindness of temporary loss of whatever it is that makes
one able to see things, you cannot find something and need
help. We certainly want to provide help to get past such
blocks.

It's a fine line, and one that is hard to pin down some times,
but I think if everyone in CLA who wants to help students
posting here makes the effort to think about this line, then
we can provide a more useful resource for students (though
as I mentioned in another post, it seems to me that the
professor involved really *should* be the primary resource).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.