From: "DuckE" <nospam_steved@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Exit Loop_Statement
Date: 2000/05/09
Date: 2000-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"David Freshwater" <dafresh@odyssey.apana.org.au> wrote in message
news:39181473@news.wa.apana.org.au...
> Hi,
>    Thanks for the help....I had picked up the (1..3) error.
> I actually have written 2 programs for this assignment. One works well,
the
> other is a different approach to what we have been taught. Let me point
out
> that I am an external student studying this, which makes it hard as I
don't
> have any one to bounce ideas off or get any helpful input. So any help
> whether pointers or snippets of code are really appreciated.
> I do understand the need to do this by myself but it just gets
frustrating.

For validating data entry it is sometimes convenient to use a loop that will
not exit until a valid entry is made:

  ReadLoop:
    loop
      begin
        Put( "Enter Value > " );
        Get( value );
        exit ReadLoop when value >= 1 and value <= 10;
      exception
          when others =>
              null;
      end;
      Put_Line( "Invalid Entry - please enter a value between 1 and 10" );
    end loop;

I hope this helps,
SteveD