* gnat304a and win32ada :(
@ 1996-11-29  0:00 Jim
From: Jim @ 1996-11-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I recently downloaded gnat 304a for win95/winNt and followed all the instructions I could find. Gnat installed and compiled fine but win32ada
did not. When I try to build the supplied sample gdidemo I get the following messages:

(this has been chopped to save space)

poly.adb(.text+0x19c2): undefined reference to `_DeleteObject@4'
poly.adb(.text+0x19d4): undefined reference to `_SetROP2@8'
init.adb(.text+0x6a): undefined reference to `_GetStockObject@4'
init.adb(.text+0xcd): undefined reference to `_GetStockObject@4'
init.adb(.text+0x13b): undefined reference to `_GetStockObject@4'
init.adb(.text+0x1b5): undefined reference to `_GetStockObject@4'
init.adb(.text+0x245): undefined reference to `_GetStockObject@4'
init.adb(.text+0x2eb): more undefined references to `_GetStockObject@4' follow
xform.adb(.text+0x745): undefined reference to `_BitBlt@36'
xform.adb(.text+0x7da): undefined reference to `_SetViewportOrgEx@16'
xform.adb(.text+0x80f): undefined reference to `_SetWorldTransform@8'
xform.adb(.text+0x91a): undefined reference to `_Polyline@12'
xform.adb(.text+0x951): undefined reference to `_ModifyWorldTransform@12'
xform.adb(.text+0x96a): undefined reference to `_SetViewportOrgEx@16'
xform.adb(.text+0xaa2): undefined reference to `_SetViewportOrgEx@16'
xform.adb(.text+0xad7): undefined reference to `_SetWorldTransform@8'
xform.adb(.text+0xbe2): undefined reference to `_Polyline@12'
xform.adb(.text+0xc19): undefined reference to `_ModifyWorldTransform@12'
xform.adb(.text+0xd24): undefined reference to `_Polyline@12'
xform.adb(.text+0xd39): undefined reference to `_GetWorldTransform@8'
xform.adb(.text+0xeec): undefined reference to `_ModifyWorldTransform@12'
xform.adb(.text+0xf05): undefined reference to `_SetViewportOrgEx@16'
gnatmake: *** link failed.

I guess that there are some object files or libraries which the compiler needs and can't find, but I'm clueless as to what to do about it.

I've tried this installation on two different machines, on windows NT 4.0 and windows 95. I don't think this is an OS setup problem.

Thanks for your help,

	-- Jim
Jim Burns
Research Assistant                Phone +44 141 339 8855 x2069
Department of Computing Science   Fax   +44 141 330 4913
The University of Glasgow         Email jim@dcs.gla.ac.uk
Scotland                          Url http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jim
G12 8QQ

* Re: gnat304a and win32ada :(
@ 1996-11-29  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-11-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

iJim Burns says

"I guess that there are some object files or libraries which the compiler needs a
nd can't find, but I'm clueless as to what to do about it.

I've tried this installation on two different machines, on windows NT 4.0 and wi
ndows 95. I don't think this is an OS setup problem.

Thanks for your help,

        -- Jim"

Clues are available in the documentation!
Yes, indeed you are missing libraries, see docuemntation for details
on what is needed. You have to buy these libraries from Microsoft.

The current NT version that we are working on (and which you will be
able to see demonstrated at Tri-Ada) will not have this requirement

* Re: gnat304a and win32ada :(
@ 1996-12-02  0:00 ` jim
From: jim @ 1996-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <dewar.849268636@merv>,
dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:

> iJim Burns says
>
> "I guess that there are some object files or libraries which the compiler needs a
> nd can't find, but I'm clueless as to what to do about it.
>
> I've tried this installation on two different machines, on windows NT 4.0 and wi
> ndows 95. I don't think this is an OS setup problem.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
>         -- Jim"
>
> Clues are available in the documentation!

:-)

> Yes, indeed you are missing libraries, see docuemntation for details
> on what is needed. You have to buy these libraries from Microsoft.
>
> The current NT version that we are working on (and which you will be
> able to see demonstrated at Tri-Ada) will not have this requirement

If you mean:

"To use Win32Ada with GNAT�3.04A the Microsoft Win32 SDK (Software
Developer's Kit), which comes with membership in The Microsoft Developer
Network, is needed. In addition, some C runtime libraries like those
available with Microsoft Visual C++, are needed.
"

then I've got them. I have MSDN _and_ MSVC2.0 installed on both machines.
Both are set up as per instructions (or how I've interpreted the
instructions) and both produce the same results.

I thought, perhaps, that there were a particular version of the libraries
which were needed, or that I hadn't included the correct pathnames for
the libraries in the .ld files. I've checked, checked, and checked again.
I would really appreciate some help with
this.

* Re: gnat304a and win32ada :(
@ 1996-12-03  0:00   ` J. David Bryan
From: J. David Bryan @ 1996-12-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 02 Dec 1996 06:41:05 -0600 in article <849529346.18999@dejanews.com>,
jim@dcs.gla.ac.uk wrote...

>I thought, perhaps, that there were a particular version of the libraries
>which were needed, or that I hadn't included the correct pathnames for
>the libraries in the .ld files. I've checked, checked, and checked again.

All of the undefined imports are in GDI32.DLL, so I surmise you're not linking
in GDI32.LIB.  WINLIBS.LD references GDI32.LIB; is the path listed in this
file correct?
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan
                                   dbryan@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us