* Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-16 17:50 Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2005-02-16 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I'm trying to get the subject thing and I'm a bit confused. At
charles.tigris.org I'm directed to Mr Heaney website. There's a zip file
almost a year old.

Files inside are named ai302.blah... but I detect some differences with
the ones used in, for example, AWS, which I have around.

In AWS:

AI302.Indefinite_Hashed_Maps;

In Heaney's website:

AI302.Hashed_Indefinite_Maps;

Finally, in the CVS of tigris I see the files have the name:

Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Hashed_Maps;

So I'm a bit puzzled. My first intention was to use the zip at Mr Heaney
site, but now I don't know.

Or maybe the best option is to export the CVS version?

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-16 17:54 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 2005-02-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:

> Or maybe the best option is to export the CVS version?

The latest version is always here:

http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/

This is a CVS repository, so I recommend using your favorite front end
to get the latest sources.

-Matt

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-16 18:37 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 2005-02-16 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to get the subject thing and I'm a bit confused. At

> charles.tigris.org I'm directed to Mr Heaney website.

I have also updated the index.html page here:

http://charles.tigris.org/

That web page now names the CVS tree at tigris explicitly.

-Matt

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-17 14:51   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2005-02-17 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Heaney wrote:

>Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
>>
>> Or maybe the best option is to export the CVS version?
>
>The latest version is always here:
>
>http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/

Which would you recommend one use AI302 or charles?
How is the status of AI302?

Keep up the excellent work

Preben

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-17 17:26     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-02-17 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:
> Matthew Heaney wrote:
>
>>Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
>>
>>>Or maybe the best option is to export the CVS version?
>>
>>The latest version is always here:
>>
>>http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/
>

> Which would you recommend one use AI302 or charles?
> How is the status of AI302?
>
> Keep up the excellent work

AI302 - is going forward for approval to WG9 for Ada2005. If you have an
Ada2005 compiler, then uses Matt's version at http://charles.tigris.org/

If you have a plain old Ada95, then there is an upwards compatible
version at http://www.martin.dowie.btinternet.co.uk/

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-17 17:59 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2005-02-17 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com> writes:

> Files inside are named ai302.blah... but I detect some differences with the
> ones used in, for example, AWS, which I have around.
>
> In AWS:
>
> AI302.Indefinite_Hashed_Maps;

AWS uses AI302 because it is not possible to add children to Ada. This was a
move forward to use the API of the next Ada standardized containers. As soon
as those are stable and made available by compiler vendors, "AI302" in AWS
will be replaced by "Ada".

Note that the reference implementation is on Matthew Web site at Tigris.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-02-23 11:11   ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2005-02-23 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry wrote:
> "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com> writes:
>

>>Files inside are named ai302.blah... but I detect some differences with the
>>ones used in, for example, AWS, which I have around.
>>
>>In AWS:
>>
>>AI302.Indefinite_Hashed_Maps;
>

> AWS uses AI302 because it is not possible to add children to Ada. This was a
> move forward to use the API of the next Ada standardized containers. As soon
> as those are stable and made available by compiler vendors, "AI302" in AWS
> will be replaced by "Ada".

In truth I was not worried by the AI302/Ada part but the dancing
"Indefinite_Hashed" "Hashed_Indefinite". I've compiled these Ada
children using the -a -u switches of gnat and it works ok.

* Re: Most up to date AI302 implementation?
@ 2005-03-05  1:10   ` Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2005-03-05  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry a ï¿œcrit :

> AWS uses AI302 because it is not possible to add children to Ada. This was a
> move forward to use the API of the next Ada standardized containers. As soon
> as those are stable and made available by compiler vendors, "AI302" in AWS
> will be replaced by "Ada".

By the way, it would be a good idea if vendors started by just removing
the checks on Ada.Containers.Whatever uses, without waiting for stable
and full implementations of those packages.

--
Lionel