From: ahlan@marriott.org
Subject: Re: Using Gnat.Sockets in a Windows DLL
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:53:30 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-12-11T09:53:30-08:00	[thread overview]

Dear Dmitry,

We currently use Winsock2 but I would like to use Gnat Sockets so that our code can run on platforms other than Windows.
The DLL will be Windows only but it shares code that we use with executables that I would like to run on Linux and OSX. For this reason I would like this shared code to use Gnat Sockets.

Dear Simon,
The Monitor DLL is a deliverable that is used by non-Ada programs.
It uses code that is used by other projects that I would like to execute on platforms other than Windows
Hence the interest in using Gnat Sockets.
However we want the DLL to be self contained (other than for the Windows DLL that all Windows systems have) so that we don't have to ship Gnat DLLs etc along with our DLL.

Is this post better?

Best regards,
Ahlan