From: AdaMagica <christ-usch.grein@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: Child packages named Ada illegal?
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 02:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-11-01T02:27:32-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:41:12 PM UTC+1, Marius Amado-Alves wrote:
> I had boobed with the packages file names with all the renaming and copying. And I was writing "with Standard.Ada...." GNAT does not allow that. But we can with Ada.Characters and use Standard.Ada.Characters.

GNAT does allow this, but then Standard is a package that you defined like  so:

package Standard is
end Standard;

This is of course very bad because it hides the name of the predefined package Standard. Thus, if you haven't defined such a package Standard, GNAT refused a with clause beginning with Standard.

(Visibility rules in context clauses are a bit different from the rest of source code.)