* interface type question
@ 2005-08-09 21:59 Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2005-08-09 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,
clause 3.9.4 about Interface Types in Amendment-D12.html
has an example where a Queue interfaces is parenting a
Synchronized_Queue interface. An explaining paragraph
follows and says, "The Synchronized_Queue interface ...
adds two additional dispatching operations."

But does it add any dispatching operation to Synchronized_Queue?

"type Queue is limited interface;
procedure Append(Q : in out Queue; Element : in Person_Name) is abstract;

"type Synchronized_Queue is synchronized interface and Queue; -- see 9.11
procedure Append_Wait(Q : in out Queue; Element : in Person_Name) is abstract;
..."

By habit I had assumed that the first parameter of Append_Wait
should be Synchronized_Queue, not Queue. Is this Correct?

http://www.ada-auth.org/ai-files/grab_bag/Amendment-D12.html
(big)

-- Georg

* Re: interface type question
@ 2005-08-10 21:11 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-08-10 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's wrong; someone pointed that out during the reviews at the York ARG
meeting and it has been fixed.
Thanks for pointing it out, though.

               Randy Brukardt, ARG Editor