From: "Robert I. Eachus" <rieachus@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Application Size in ADA
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:16:20 -0400
Date: 2004-04-15T18:16:20-04:00	[thread overview]

Simon Lewis wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Why do the binaries that I built seem to be huge? I know this is a bit
> of an open ended question... (no "how long is a piece of string" related
> answers please)
>
> I'm using tasks in my application.  Does this add extra code into the
> binary to ensure time slicing?.  I was just wondering where all the
> bloat is coming from.

Sounds like you are using GNAT.  Read the GNAT documentation about
stripping binaries.  There is a lot in there for debugger support that
can come out once you are finished developing something.

--

                                           Robert I. Eachus

"The terrorist enemy holds no territory, defends no population, is
unconstrained by rules of warfare, and respects no law of morality. Such
an enemy cannot be deterred, contained, appeased or negotiated with. It
can only be destroyed--and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the business
at hand."  -- Dick Cheney