From: "Jeff C," <nolongersafeto@userealemailsniff.com>
Subject: Re: ACATS results with Gnat5.01p
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:23:59 GMT
Date: 2003-10-29T12:23:59+00:00	[thread overview]

"Tapani Rundgren" <NoSpam@telia.com> wrote in message
news:EmMnb.35427$dP1.116305@newsc.telia.net...
> Gnat version GNATLS 5.01p (20031017)
> Redhat Linux 9 with kernel 2.4.20-20.9
> $ cat run.log |  grep 'acats4gnat result'

...stuff deleted.

Thanks...That is useful. I had wanted to run ACATS before I released the RPM
but I knew I'd never
get to it. Do you have similar results for the vanilla gcc 3.3.x series. It
would be interesting to see if 5.01p actually
performs better.

I have found a few cases where the vanilla gcc 3.3.x series compiler would
crash on valid code ant the 5.01p
compiled it successfully but I have done very little in the way of proving
the correctness of the generated code.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering about what we are calling 5.01p here
you can get it from
(Preferably) Adaworld by going to the
http://www.adaworld.com/linksmain.html
page and scrolling down.

If you want to download it from a much much slower site you can go to my
server
http://newserver.thecreems.com/index.php?topic=Programming

There is a little write-up on this site about the way this was put together.