From: Mike H <postmaster@ada-augusta.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Ambiguous expressions - Help!
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:14:27 +0100
Date: 2013-09-25T08:14:27+01:00	[thread overview]

One of the pleasant things about this particular corner of news net is
that replies to queries can be expected to be helpful and informative.
Many thanks, I now know a lot more about strings and arrays!

In the mean time my simplistic solution has been to avoid overloading by
changing the declaration
with Foo1;
package Foo2 is
    procedure Put_line (Item : in Foo1.Vector_type);
    procedure Put_line (Item : in string);
... etc.

with Foo1;
package Foo2 is
    procedure Put_vector (Item : in Foo1.Vector_type);

--
The thing I like best about the Internet is that no one
knows that, in reality, I am just another old dog!