From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Comment on Ada usage
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:04:47 GMT
Date: 2001-08-22T16:04:47+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <9lukgq$f5f$1@nh.pace.co.uk>, Marin David Condic says...
>Still, the tone was definitely condescending to both of us Ada programmers.
>:-) Of course, complaining about it isn't going to help - basically he's
>right. There isn't much Ada use in embedded systems compared to C(++) and
>the guys doing that work aren't terribly fond of Ada. The way to correct the

One of the more respectable industry survery numbers he mentioned put Ada at
%10. That's obviously not a majority, but neither is it an insignificant number
that can be freely ignored, like he goes on to imply.

Then again, about %10 of all people are left handed like me, but everyone
building manually-manipuated objects acts like we don't exist either. So its not
like this annoying attitude is unique to this one author, or even programming
languages in general.

---