* Gnat calls to Aonix DLL
@ 2005-12-08 18:29 ';'%?PF ;/l.
From: ';'%?PF ;/l. @ 2005-12-08 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to convert a project written in Aonix Ada 7.2.2  to gnat. I
would like to call the existing dll libraries compiled in Aonix from
gnat compiled code. I am doing this because the packages are large and
it would help me convert the code in peices. At this time some
functions seem to work but others cause a segmentation fault.

Can anyone help with a procedure for calling the Aonix Ada compiled dll
from gnat?

* Re: Gnat calls to Aonix DLL
@ 2005-12-08 20:49 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2005-12-08 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been running both ObjectAda and GNAT in paralell and i had found
that the easiest way to move from ObjectAda to GNAT is the folowing
approach.

The maybe tricky parts:
   * Get a clear view of the build dependencies in the current system.
   * Get all your source code to match the GNAT naming conventions.

The booring part:
   * Set up a project structure matching the ObjectAda structures with
GNAT project-files ".gpr" files (no library projects at this point).

The fun part:
   * Build your programs using GNAT.
   * Verify.

The final part:
   * Change the "library" projects to be real library projects (static)
in  the GNAT environment and do a complete build.
   * Change the desired static libraries to be dynamic.
   * Recompile and copy the DLL:s to the correct directore for execution.
   * Verify.
   * Done.

/Per Sandberg
Note:
    I have done this with a >2MSLOC system almost single handed.