From: Per Sandberg <per.sandberg@bredband.net>
Subject: Re: Gnat calls to Aonix DLL
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:49:51 +0100
Date: 2005-12-08T21:49:51+01:00	[thread overview]

I have been running both ObjectAda and GNAT in paralell and i had found
that the easiest way to move from ObjectAda to GNAT is the folowing
approach.

The maybe tricky parts:
   * Get a clear view of the build dependencies in the current system.
   * Get all your source code to match the GNAT naming conventions.

The booring part:
   * Set up a project structure matching the ObjectAda structures with
GNAT project-files ".gpr" files (no library projects at this point).

The fun part:
   * Build your programs using GNAT.
   * Verify.

The final part:
   * Change the "library" projects to be real library projects (static)
in  the GNAT environment and do a complete build.
   * Change the desired static libraries to be dynamic.
   * Recompile and copy the DLL:s to the correct directore for execution.
   * Verify.
   * Done.

/Per Sandberg
Note:
    I have done this with a >2MSLOC system almost single handed.