From: drew@gatefield.com (Andrew W. Reynolds)
Subject: Re: Ada type (yacc)YYSTYPE is ?
Date: 1999/01/19
Date: 1999-01-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) writes:

> >On the other hand, if the parse actions are building up an abstract
> >syntax tree anyway, then you would be allocating the AST nodes
> >on the heap, and these might as well be your parse stack items.
>   I'm just trying to make a parser to generate skeletons for
> documentation, so there's really nothing more complex than strings,
> and being able to see that two procedures differ in their parameter
> profiles, etc.  And it's intended for running, correct, code with
> convenient coding conventions.
>   Perhaps I should ask that: is there software about that will
> generate skeleton HTML or Windows help files for a set of packages,
> doing things like showing where two procedures with overloaded names
> differ, and displaying inherited, non-overridden, primitive
> operations, etc?

Having you considering using aflex? This is an Ada implementation of
the flex lexical analyzer generator. It has a companion parser
generator ayacc. Here is the link to the non-commercial software list
at the home of the brave Ada programmer.

http://www.adahome.com/Resources/Tools/Non-Commercial.html

Hope this helps ;^)

Drew Reynolds