From: Ralph Paul <paul@hurricane.aem.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: compile on a pc to a sparc
Date: 1996/07/15
Date: 1996-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

> - What does that mean for the OS/2 support Robert ?
>
>     I have already posted the answer to this
You mean your posts a couple months back ?
If so then this is good bye OS/2 support. Good luck with Win95.

> - Could you describe why Win95 should make life easier for you ?
>
>     This is not really the place for OS discussions, but in short, I prefer
>     to be a standard user, and not spend time scrambling after drivers etc.
>     and, more importantly, more Ada users by far are interested in the NT
>     and Win95 versions so it is important to have someone at ACT using this
>     version as a mainstream development version, while far fewer people are
>     using the OS/2 version. And finally, Win95 looks pretty nice to me!

I didn't want to start an OS war or anything, that's more for *.advocacy
groups (;-). After all you need to make some money for a living.

As I am not familiar with the Win95/NT gcc, I am wondering why
the cygnus port make it easier for you since the "drive ( "C:\" )" stuff
is still in those OS's.

If you could tell us some of the differences, maybe then we could try to
straighten them out for future GNAT versions.

Thanks,

Ralph Paul

	paul@aem.umn.edu
or	ralph@ifr.luftahrt.uni-stuttgart.de