* Alsys Ada 68k cross-compiler dongle
@ 2005-08-05  2:02 sean.dearaugo
From: sean.dearaugo @ 2005-08-05  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

We are using an old Alsys Ada PC/DOS to 68k cross-compiler that requires a
dongle (or "actuator" as it was called by Alsys) to work.

The dongle has stopped working.

Does anybody know of a way to obtain another one, or a work around to
'fool' the compiler into thinking the dongle is there.

Regards,

Sean De Araugo.

* Re: Alsys Ada 68k cross-compiler dongle
@ 2005-08-07  1:32 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-08-07  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

<sean.dearaugo@invensys.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using an old Alsys Ada PC/DOS to 68k cross-compiler that requires a
> dongle (or "actuator" as it was called by Alsys) to work.
>
> The dongle has stopped working.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to obtain another one, or a work around to
> 'fool' the compiler into thinking the dongle is there.

It's a longshot, but have you tried asking Aonix? Someone there might know
an answer, and they're generally helpful. (Aonix is what Alsys has become,
after a number of name changes and other transactions.)

                     Randy.

* Re: Alsys Ada 68k cross-compiler dongle
@ 2005-08-08  0:38   ` sean.dearaugo
From: sean.dearaugo @ 2005-08-08  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the suggestion, Randy.
We have tried contacting Aonix and are awaiting a reply.
As you say it is a longshot so I was hoping somebody out there might have
an alternative suggestion.

Sean

* Re: Alsys Ada 68k cross-compiler dongle
@ 2005-08-08 22:51     ` Frode Tennebø
From: Frode Tennebø @ 2005-08-08 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 08 August 2005 02:38 sean.dearaugo@invensys.com wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Randy.
> We have tried contacting Aonix and are awaiting a reply.
> As you say it is a longshot so I was hoping somebody out there might
> have an alternative suggestion.

I hope you get a positive answer. It's always easier that way. If
everyting else fails, it is possible to hack the dongle protection. In
most cases this is close to dead easy with a disassembler and a binary
editor. However, this depends on the type of dongle used.

Use your favourite search engine: "zen dongle crack"

Good luck.

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb� | email: frode@tennebo.com | Frode@IRC ^
|  with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;  |