From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 ARCTAN function
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:38:48 +0100
Date: 2007-03-01T20:38:48+01:00	[thread overview]

"saag" <saag37@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does the ARCTAN(y,x) function in the ADA.NUMERICS package provide the
> same results an atan2 function call in c?  I'm trying to find out if
> Ada supplies an atan2 function (that gives an appropriate answer based
> on the quadrant the original point lies in)

You can find the specification of how function Arctan works on
<http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/ada/arm_95/RM-A-5-1.html>.

I don't know where I can find the corresponding specification for the
C function atan2(), so I can't give you a proper comparison.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
I'm giving a short talk at Game Developers Conference (Mobile
Game Innovation Hunt) Monday afternoon: