From: Keith Thompson <kst@cts.com>
Subject: Re: Alsys Executable
Date: 14 Mar 2001 18:15:48 -0800
Date: 2001-03-14T18:15:48-08:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
> u535034179@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net writes:
> > Goal: Generate identical output from identical source code using Alsys
> > (Aonix) Ada Compiler v2a:  Host: Sparc, Target: M68K
>
> Identical to what? You've only specified one thing here.

I think the problem is that two compilations of the same source
generate non-identical (but presumably functionally equivalent)
executables.  Probably some of the data in the executable either
depends on things that change from one compilation to another
(timestamps, etc) or isn't used and is left in an undefined state.

I don't have a solution -- except perhaps finding another solution to
the original problem that doesn't require identical executables.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>