From: Keith Thompson <kst@cts.com>
Subject: Re: Representation clause in records?
Date: 1999/02/05
Date: 1999-02-06T01:03:01+00:00	[thread overview]

Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> writes:
[...]
> (5)   component_item ::= component_declaration | representation_clause
> (6)   component_declaration ::=
>           defining_identifier_list : component_definition [:= default_expression];
>
> I am playing around with ASIS and I was to the point of handling the
> representation clause here.  My question is: What is the representation
> clause specified in (5)?

If I'm not mistaken, the grammar permits a representation clause here
only to allow for the possibility of implementation-defined
representation clauses.  There are no language-defined rep clauses
that can appear in place of a component declaration -- and I don't
think any current implementations support such clauses.

If this is correct, you can probably get away with ignoring rep
clauses within record declarations.  If it isn't, I'm sure I can count
on someone to point it out.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com <*>
San Diego, California, USA <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>