* (no subject)
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 Mike Ibarra
From: Mike Ibarra @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for books or articles that compare Ada83 to Ada95.  In otherwords,
a what's new or what's different in Ada95.  Any info would be helpful.
--
Michael Ibarra

* Re: (no subject)
@ 1996-04-09  0:00 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1996-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4ke8pk$bua@post.tau.ac.il> you write:
>I would Like to write an abstract package that will implement Sets in
>two ways, one with list and one with array, I need to declare a base

This is very similar to how the Booch Components does it...

>type and then derive from it. doe's anybody has something like it
>or can help me write it.(I don't know how to write the spec for the
>the derived type)
>
>package Sets is
>
>generic
>   type Set_Element is private;
>
>package Abstract_Sets is
>
>   type Set is abstract tagged private;
>
> ..[various functions deleted]
>
>private
>   type Set is abstract tagged null record;
>end Abstract_Sets;

I think you want:

generic
   type Set_Element is private;  -- or (<>), depending on your preferences
package Sets is
	type Set is abstract tagged private;

	[same functions that you already had...]

private
	type Set is abstract tagged with null record;
end Sets;

then...

generic	-- must have "generic" since parent is a generic
package Sets.List_Based is

	type List_Set is new Set with private;

	[redefinitions of abstract operations]
private
	type List_Set is new Set with record...
end Sets.List_Based;

Similarly for Sets.Array_Based  (or whatever you call them)

* (no subject)
@ 1996-04-09  0:00 chico
From: chico @ 1996-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would Like to write an abstract package that will implement Sets in
two ways, one with list and one with array, I need to declare a base
type and then derive from it. doe's anybody has something like it
or can help me write it.(I don't know how to write the spec for the
the derived type)

the base is :
with Gnat.IO; use Gnat.IO;

package Sets is

generic
   type Set_Element is private;

package Abstract_Sets is

   type Set is abstract tagged private;

   function Empty return Set is abstract;
   --     Empty Set
   function Unit (Element: Set_Elemet) return Set is abstract;
   --     build Set with 1 element
   function Union (Left, Right: Set) return Set is abstract;
   --     union of two sets
   function intersection (Left, Right: Set) return Set is abstract;
   --     intersection of two sets
   procedure Take (From: in out Set;
                           Element: out Set_Elemet) is abstract;
   --     remove an element from a set

@ 1996-04-15  0:00 Markus Knasmueller
From: Markus Knasmueller @ 1996-04-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

          C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

Joint Modular Languages Conference 1997 (JMLC'97)

March 19 - 21, 1997
Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria

In cooperation with
  British Computer Society (Modular Languages SIG)
  Oesterreichische Computer-Gesellschaft
  Gesellschaft f�r Informatik e.V.
  Schweizer Informatiker Gesellschaft

The Joint Modular Languages Conference (JMLC) deals with languages,
techniques, and tools for the design and implementation of large-scale
software systems in  a modular and extensible way. It is the second
conference with this name and a successor of the previous European and
International Modula-2 Conferences which started in 1988. JMLC is
intended
as a catalyst for novel ideas from both academia and practice. The
conference will include invited talks, technical papers, and tutorials.

Topics for technical papers include but are not restricted to:

- Software engineering with modular languages
  (Modula-2/3, Oberon, Ada, Java, etc.)
- Industrial case studies
- Educational issues
- Programming environments and tools
- Object-orientation, reusability, componentware
- Safety critical and real time systems
- Networked and distributed applications
- Language design and implementation
- Formal methods in software development

Submissions
-----------
Technical papers must be written in English and are restricted to 5500
words including abstract and references. Full page figures count as 350
words. Guidelines for submissions are available from
        http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/JMLC/home.html.

4 copies of the paper should be sent to:

  Hanspeter Moessenboeck
  Johannes Kepler University Linz
  Institute of Computer Science
  A-4040 Linz, Austria

E-mail and fax submissions will not be accepted. The proceedings will be
published in the Lecture Notes series of Springer-Verlag.

Deadlines
---------
Papers due                   September 1, 1996
Notification of acceptance   November 1, 1996
Camera-ready copy due        December 20, 1996

Tentative Programme
-------------------
March 19        Tutorials
March 20 - 21   Invited talks and technical sessions

Conference Location
-------------------
Linz is located at the Danube, in the heart of Austria right between
Vienna
and Salzburg. It is surrounded by the gentle hills of the Bohemian
landscape to the north, and by the rising Alps and the famous
Salzkammergut
with its lakes to the west. Linz is not only famous for its Ars
Electronica
Festival, but also for Mozart's Linzer Symphony, for the composer Anton
Bruckner, and for the astronomer Johannes Kepler.

Linz has an own airport with direct flights to most cities in Germany
and
Switzerland, as well as connections to all destinations worldwide with
stopover in Vienna. Connections to Vienna are 2 hours by train or car.

The conference will take place in the medieval castle of Hagenberg, an
exclusive conference center and software park 20 km to the north of
Linz.

Further Information
-------------------
Information on JMLC'97 may be obtained from
http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/JMLC/home.html or from the following
address:

  JMLC'97 Conference Secretary
  Johannes Kepler University Linz
  A-4040 Linz, Austria
  Fax: +43-732-2468-9430
  E-Mail: gillhofer@swe.uni-linz.ac.at

Program Committee
-----------------
Hanspeter Moessenboeck (Chair), Univ. of Linz,  A
Marwan Al-Akaidi, De Montfort University,       UK
Frans Arickx, University of Antwerp,    B
Ralph Back, Abo Akademi,        FIN
Guenther Blaschek, University of Linz,  A
Andreas Borchert, University of Ulm,    D
Laszlo Boeszoermenyi, Univ. of Klagenfurt,      A
Jim Cooling, Loughborough University,   UK
Antonio Corradi, University of Bologna, I
Jaques Farre, University of Nice,       F
Michael Franz, University of California,        USA
John Gough, Queensland Univ. of Techn., AUS
Tibor Gyimothy, Academy of Sciences,    H
J�rg Gutknecht, ETH Zurich,     CH
Takayuki D. Kimura, Washington University,      USA
Brian Kirk, Robinson Associates,        UK
Herbert Klaeren, University of Tuebingen,       D
Kai Koskimies, University of Tampere,   FIN
J�rg R. M�hlbacher, University of Linz, A
Greg Nelson, DEC SRC,   USA
Libero Nigro, University of Calabria,   I
Cuno Pfister, Oberon Microsystems,      CH
Frantisek Plasil, Charles Univ. Prague, CZ
Gustav Pomberger, University of Linz,   A
Igor Pottosin, Academy of Sciences,     RUS
Kees Pronk, TU Delft,   NL
Peter Rechenberg, University of Linz,   A
Beverly Sanders, University of Florida, USA
Peter Schulthess, University of Ulm,    D
Marjan Spegel, Stefan Institute,        SI
Alfred Strohmeier, EPF Lausanne,        CH
Clemens Szyperski, QUT, AUS
Pat Terry, Rhodes University,   SA
Niklaus Wirth, ETH Zurich,      CH
Alexandre Zamulin, Academy of Sciences, RUS
Heinz Z�llighoven, Univ. of Hamburg,    D

Organizing Committee
--------------------
Gustav Pomberger (Chair), University of Linz,   A
Marwan Al-Akaidi, De Montfort University,       UK
Jim Cooling, Loughborough University,   UK
Alfred Lupper, University of Ulm,       D
Hanspeter Moessenboeck, University of Linz,     A
Marjan Spegel, Stefan Institute,        SI
Niklaus Wirth, ETH Zurich,      CH

Feedback Form
-------------
Please help us collecting and spreading the information by filling in
the
following form and sending it to:

  JMLC Conference Secretary
  Johannes Kepler University Linz
  A-4040 Linz, Austria
  Fax: +43-732-2468-9430
  E-Mail: gillhofer@swe.uni-linz.ac.at

Name:    __________________________________
Address: __________________________________
Phone:   __________________________________
Fax:     __________________________________
Email:   __________________________________

(_)  I will probably attend the conference.
     Please send me the conference program.

(_)  I will help distributing the conference program.
     Please send me _____ copies of it.

(_)  I intend to submit a paper with the tentative title:

(_)  Please send information about JMLC'97 also to:

     Name:    ________________________________
     Address: ________________________________

     Name:    ________________________________
     Address: ________________________________

* (no subject)
@ 1996-06-07  0:00 Mark Fisher
From: Mark Fisher @ 1996-06-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone else come across anything similar to this?

We are using VADS on SunOS 4.1.3 and are finding that
as an example...

Program with 3 tasks...

1 & 2 are blocked on entry calls to the third task,

3 is executing a simple delay 0.1 in the body of a procedure

The simple delay does not complete.

When attaching the VADS debugger to the process the idle
task is shown as executing and the process is using a high
% of CPU.

Obviously the delay in task 3 should complete and processing
be resumed. I have tried a simple example of this problem
to attempt to demonstrate as an bug report, but cannot. The problem
appears to be due to some special circumstances which I cannot work out.

Have you been a victim of the above, if so then please call...

* <no subject>
@ 1996-12-31  0:00 Renegade
From: Renegade @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: Re: 'Money wanted' algorithm (Cobol version)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 17:39:04 GMT
 comp.lang.tcl:31171 comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:17519 comp.mail.sendmail:17465 comp.multimedia:35878 comp.music.midi:12527 comp.object:28200

congee@mindspring.com (Deric Cheng) wrote:
>dennis@qltel.exonet.nl (Dennis Janssen) wrote:
>
>>Hi Deric,
>
>>**>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>
>>DC> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
>>DC> Step 2 Find busy Street
>>DC> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
>>DC> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
>>DC> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.
>
>>Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!
>
>>Program Make_Money;
>
>>Uses
>>  Nothing;
>
>>begin
>>  Repeat
>>    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>>    Find(BusyStreet);
>>    Repeat
>>      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>>    Until Sun(Down)
>>  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
>>end.
>
>>See mom, I DO have the Christmas spirit!
>
>>   Dennis!
>Hey that's cool can you do it in Cobol?

Sure:

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID 	MAKE-MONEY.
AUTHOR	              MY- ASS.
DATE-WRITTEN   TODAY.
ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
   HOPEFULLY WARM.
DATA DIVISION.

~~~~ YADA, YADA, YADA
01  HELL-IND                 PIC X     VALUE SPACES.
   88 HELL-FROZEN                    VALUE 'Y'.
01   TIME-IND               PIC X      VALUE SPACES.
   88  SUN-DOWN                        VALUE 'Y'.

PROCEDURE DIVISION.

MAIN.
   PERFORM DAILY-ROUNTINE UNTIL HELL-FROZEN.
   STOP-RUN.

DAILY-ROUTINE.
   PERFORM FIND-EMPTY-COFFEE-CUP.
   PERFORM FIND-SPOT WITH TEST AFTER UNTIL LOCATION = "GOOD".
   PERFORM SIT UNTIL SUN-DOWN.
   IF HELL-TEMP < 32
        MOVE "Y" TO HELL-IND.

FIND-EMPTY-COFFEE-CUP.
   FIND COFFEE-CUP.
   IF COFFEE-CUP NOT = "EMPTY"
        PERFORM EMPTY-CUP.

EMPTY-CUP.
   IF CUP-CONTENTS-APPEAR = "GOOD"
       DRINK CUP-CONTENTS
   ELSE
        POUR CUP-CONTENTS.

FIND-SPOT.
   MOVE "GOOD" TO LOCATION.
   FIND SPOT.
   IF COP-PRESENT = "YES"
       MOVE "BAD" TO LOCATION.
   IF STREET-BUSY = "NO"
       MOVE "BAD" TO LOCATION.
   IF BULLETS-FLYING = "YES"
       MOVE "BAD" TO LOCATION.

SIT.
   IF BUTT-ACHES
       MOVE ASS TO OTHER-SIDE.
   SIT STILL.
   LOOK PITIFUL.
   BEG.
   PLEAD.
   IF DARK="YES"
        MOVE "Y" TO TIME-IND.

Please note:   This program was half the size, and worked twice as
well until administration got ahold of it and requested rewrites.  Now
it is bigger, and nobody knows for sure what it does......

Enjoy....

Dave

The opinions expressed in this post are purely my own.
You may e-mail replies to:   renegade@dwx.com

* <no subject>
@ 1996-12-31  0:00 Brad Dale
From: Brad Dale @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 03:24:55 GMT
 comp.lang.tcl:31203 comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:17552 comp.mail.sendmail:17486 comp.multimedia:35901 comp.music.midi:12556 comp.object:28217

On Mon, 30 Dec 96 13:54:10 GMT, spam.free.zone@no-spam.com (Doug
Miller) wrote:

>>>Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!
>>
>>>Program Make_Money;
>>
>>>Uses
>>>  Nothing;
>>
>>>begin
>>>  Repeat
>>>    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>>>    Find(BusyStreet);
>>>    Repeat
>>>      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>>>    Until Sun(Down)
>>>  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
>>>end.
>>
>>>See mom, I DO have the Christmas spirit!
>>
>>>   Dennis!
>>Hey that's cool can you do it in Cobol?
>>
>Sure thing:
>
>PERFORM WITH TEST AFTER UNTIL hell-frozen-over
>    PERFORM find-empty-coffee-cup
>    PERFORM find-busy-street
>    PERFORM sit-middle-of-street UNTIL sunset
>    PERFORM wait-til-morning
>END-PERFORM

(define get_money
   (lambda (status amount_money)
       (if ((!= status HELLFROZEN) amount_money)
           (+ amount_money
               (coffee status amount_money))))))

(define coffee
   (lambda (status amount_money)
       (begin
          (1 COFFECAN)
          (find_street status amount_money))))

(define find_street
   (lambda (status amount_money)
     (begin
        (1 STREET)
        (sit_street 0 status amount_money))))

(define sit_street
   (lambda (time status amount_money)
      (if ((= time SUNSET) amount_money)
          (+ (+ amount_money PROFIT)
              (sit_street (+ 1 time) status amount_money)))))

Written sorta in SCHEME, been awhile so don't be to hard on it
			firehawk@ames.net

* (no subject)
@ 1997-01-23  0:00 Mathieu POUPARDIN
From: Mathieu POUPARDIN @ 1997-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to know how much RAM do I need to use the ADA
compiler VERDIX.
		thank you

* (no subject)
@ 1997-06-03  0:00 Matthew Daniel
From: Matthew Daniel @ 1997-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ds

* (no subject)
@ 1997-08-18  0:00 Moustafa abdul wahab
From: Moustafa abdul wahab @ 1997-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"subscribe info-ada"

* (no subject)
@ 1998-11-13  0:00 niel.williams
From: niel.williams @ 1998-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has any one got a simple random number
generator prog that generates numbers
between 1-10

* Re: (no subject)
@ 1998-11-13  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1998-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <364C0C41.6CC14A8C@virgin.net>,
  "niel.williams" <niel.williams@virgin.net> wrote:
> Has any one got a simple random number
> generator prog that generates numbers
> between 1-10

Ada.Numerics.Discrete_Random

--
T.E.D.

* Re: (no subject)
@ 1998-11-13  0:00   ` Robert I. Eachus
From: Robert I. Eachus @ 1998-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <72hgcq$5d4$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com> dennison@telepath.com writes:

  > Ada.Numerics.Discrete_Random

  Good answer, but there is a typo/bug in gnat 3.10p and some earlier
versions that causes it to generate biased results. This program will
show you if you have the problem, if the values for the three doors
are not approximately equal.  (The fix is trivial, correct the sign in
the line below, but cause confusion by broadcasting a non-CM version
of the package. Of course, if you fix the installed version you have
to recompile it with -gnatg.)

  if TF > Flt (Rst'Pos (Rst'Last)) + 0.5 then
         return Rst'First;

with Discrete_Random;
with Ada.Numerics.Float_Random;
with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
with Ada.Float_Text_IO; use Ada.Float_Text_IO;
procedure Random_Bug is
   Tries: constant := 10000;
   Wins, Switch_Wins, Offers: Integer := 0;
   type Doors is (Door1, Door2, Door3);
   package Select_Door is new Discrete_Random(Doors);
   Door_Gen: Select_Door.Generator;
   function Random_Door(Gen: in Select_Door.Generator := Door_Gen)
           return Doors renames Select_Door.Random;
   Float_Gen: Ada.Numerics.Float_Random.Generator;
   function Rand(Gen: in Ada.Numerics.Float_Random.Generator :=
Float_Gen)
           return Float renames Ada.Numerics.Float_Random.Random;
   Door_Counts: array(Doors) of Integer := (0,0,0);
   Old_Door, New_Door: Doors;
begin

   Select_Door.Reset(Door_Gen);
   Old_Door := Random_Door;
   for Test in 1..8 loop
     Door_Counts := (0,0,0);
     Wins := 0;
     for I in 1..Tries loop
       New_Door := Random_Door;
       Door_Counts(New_Door) := Door_Counts(New_Door) + 1;
       if New_Door = Old_Door then Wins := Wins + 1; end if;
       Old_Door := New_Door;
     end loop;
     Put (" Door 1: " & Integer'Image(Door_Counts(Door1)));
     Put (" Door 2: " & Integer'Image(Door_Counts(Door2)));
     Put (" Door 3: " & Integer'Image(Door_Counts(Door3)));
     New_Line;
     Put (" Wins: " & Integer'Image(Wins));
     New_Line(2);
   end loop;

end Random_Bug;

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;

* Re: (no subject)
@ 1999-09-14  0:00 ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 1999-09-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justine O'Hara <s350162@student.uq.edu.au> writes:

> Assignment 1 prac question 11

42.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>

* (no subject)
@ 1999-09-15  0:00 Justine O'Hara
From: Justine O'Hara @ 1999-09-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-05-05  8:25 Kent Paul Dolan
From: Kent Paul Dolan @ 2001-05-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject powerful editors versus IDEs in software development Re: License to Steal

> I prefer a GUI oriented IDE with some power.  I
> miss some of the features of both editors, but
> not nearly enough to ever go back.

> Frank

I'm a bit confused; how could you describe an IDE
as "with some power" if it doesn't even provide
for dropping through to your power editor of
choice?

  [I'm a vim() fan myself, having outgrown both
  vi() and emacs(), but that's not really
  relevant to the larger issue of being captive
  to wimpy editing tools when writing software.]

The StarLogo language in which I'm presently
writing code (don't ask) also has an IDE, also
has a "wimpy to the point of provoking suicidal
impulses" editor.

I find it much easier to keep an editor window
open, and build my software with _my_ choice of
editors, importing the code fresh into the IDE
with each edit and paying the penalty of no
incremental compilation or whatever, than I do
trying to work with an editor roughly as feature
free as MS-Notepad.

After all, typical compilers are lightning fast
today, so almost all of the _time_ I spend in
software development is spent editing, whether of
code or docs, so editing is where I want the most
powerful assistance from my choice of tools.  In
my experience with several integrated development
environments, IDE developers have too many things
on their plates to also develop the world's best
editor, whatever that might be, as part of their
tool, and the embedded editor more often smacks
of being an afterthought.

I suppose this is back to the Unix concept of a
suite of tools each of which does one thing well
and has a simple integration technique, being
more usable than a monolithic tool that does lots
of things tolerably.

Which is of course a religious issue.

All of which are only opinions, but ones based on
grunches of carpal tunnel syndrome risk taking over
almost 41 years.

Cheers!

xanthian.
--
Kent Paul Dolan <xanthian@well.com>

--
Posted from smtp.well.com [208.178.101.27]

* <no subject>
@ 2001-05-05 10:43 Kent Paul Dolan
From: Kent Paul Dolan @ 2001-05-05 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject powerful editors versus IDEs in software development Re: License to Steal

@ 2002-10-08  2:18 Rick Duley
From: Rick Duley @ 2002-10-08  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

confirm 373371

* (no subject)
@ 2006-01-23 15:56 Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2006-01-23 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Daniels
  LdRa

Source 10200 Pounds.

100 % first
20  % second
10  % Third

Unit test 6000 Ponds.

Dongles  USB/Paralen on server.

Joint strike fighter C++/Ada

BAE Naval missile software.

Evaluation SAAB Lennart Andersson (Motala)
Februari

http://www.ldra.co.uk/products.asp

integrates with rapsody
   arisan,rose