* can someone tell me why I am getting this error?
@ 2001-07-04  4:20 Beau
From: Beau @ 2001-07-04  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was am tryong to figure out why I am getting this error
it is saying that it is not recognizing my package that I made.  I compiled
the spec file and then the body, then I included it in the main program with
a WITH statement. anyone know at least a clue how to approach this problem?

--
~Beau~
beau@hiwaay.net

* Re: can someone tell me why I am getting this error?
@ 2001-07-04  4:26 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2001-07-04  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beau wrote:

> I was am tryong to figure out why I am getting this error
> it is saying that it is not recognizing my package that I made.  I compiled
> the spec file and then the body, then I included it in the main program with
> a WITH statement. anyone know at least a clue how to approach this problem?
>
> --
> ~Beau~
> beau@hiwaay.net

We need to see code.  ;-)

- Ed

* Re: can someone tell me why I am getting this error?
@ 2001-07-04  4:33   ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2001-07-04  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Falis wrote:

> Beau wrote:
>
> > I was am tryong to figure out why I am getting this error
> > it is saying that it is not recognizing my package that I made.  I compiled
> > the spec file and then the body, then I included it in the main program with
> > a WITH statement. anyone know at least a clue how to approach this problem?
> >
> > --
> > ~Beau~
> > beau@hiwaay.net
>
> We need to see code.  ;-)
>
> - Ed

And probably a description of what compiler you're using and how you're invoking
it.

* Re: can someone tell me why I am getting this error? but still read please
@ 2001-07-04  4:38 ` Beau
From: Beau @ 2001-07-04  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know how I did it, but it worked perfectly when I moved the driver
file to the same folder as the spec and body file of the package. did this
fix it? or was it "Just one of those things"?

@ 2001-07-04  9:32     ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2001-07-04  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Falis <efalis@mediaone.net> writes:
> Ed Falis wrote:
>
> > Beau wrote:
> >
> > > I was am tryong to figure out why I am getting this error it
> > > is saying that it is not recognizing my package that I made.
> > > I compiled the spec file and then the body, then I included it
> > > in the main program with a WITH statement. anyone know at least
> > > a clue how to approach this problem?
> > >
> > > --
> > > ~Beau~
> > > beau@hiwaay.net
> >
> > We need to see code.  ;-)
> >
> > - Ed
>
> And probably a description of what compiler you're using and how
> you're invoking it.

And the actual error message.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>

From: Keith Thompson @ 2001-07-04  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Beau" <beau@hiwaay.net> writes:
> I don't know how I did it, but it worked perfectly when I moved the driver
> file to the same folder as the spec and body file of the package. did this
> fix it? or was it "Just one of those things"?

I don't know.  What's a driver file?

--

@ 2001-07-04 15:53     ` Beau
From: Beau @ 2001-07-04 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

you know the main program. I am just used to saying driver. The problem is
old but thanks anyways for trying to help
--
~Beau~
beau@hiwaay.net

@ 2001-07-05 12:13       ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-07-05 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beau wrote:

> you know the main program. I am just used to saying driver. The problem is
> old but thanks anyways for trying to help
> --
> ~Beau~
> beau@hiwaay.net
>
> "Keith Thompson" <kst@cts.com> wrote in message
> > "Beau" <beau@hiwaay.net> writes:
> > > I don't know how I did it, but it worked perfectly when I moved the
> driver
> > > file to the same folder as the spec and body file of the package. did
> this
> > > fix it? or was it "Just one of those things"?
> >
> > I don't know.  What's a driver file?
> >
> > --
> > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
> > San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>
> > Cxiuj via bazo apartenas ni.

You had the package in one directory, and the driver in another.

When you compiled the driver, you were in the directory containing it,
but you did not tell the compiler what directories to look in for other
files (packages) on which it depended.  So when you moved the package
code in with the driver code and compiled it, the compiler found the
package in the same directory and all was well.

Look at your compiler's documentation regarding maintaining and
compiling software in different directories.  (If you're using GNAT,
look at the -I compiler switch.)

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation