From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT and multi-processor
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:49:34 GMT
Date: 2005-12-21T20:49:34+00:00	[thread overview]

huynh@cena.fr wrote:

> I have big problems with Ada/GNAT programs running on multi-processor
> or
> hyperthreaded Linux machines :
> segmentation fault resulting in STORAGE_ERROR or PROGRAM_ERROR.
>
> When they run on Linux mono-processor or Solaris machines, there is no
> problem !

Are the Solaris machines mono- or multi-processors? If the former, there's
likely an error in your SW that assumes the semantics of a mono-processor
system; if the latter, there's probably an error in the Linux GNAT version
you're using.

What version of GNAT are you using? I know that the SGI Ada compiler, which is
supplied by AdaCore and invoked by "gnatmake", worked fine on SGI
multi-processor systems in 2000.

--
Jeff Carter
"C++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade."