From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@nospam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Interrupt handler and Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 00:38:54 GMT
Date: 2009-05-16T00:38:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Reto Buerki wrote:

> We are using Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events to implement an event-driven
> architecture in our application. The Timing_Event type seemed perfect
> for this.

Timing_Events are certainly suited for this. However, they were added in the
most recent revision of the language. Event-driven systems were implemented in
Ada long before that revision. Should you be unable to get your application to
work with Timing_Events, you can use the old-fashioned way to achieve the same
thing. This is done by having tasks that execute delay statements and then call
the appropriate protected operations. Effectively, a Timing_Event object is
shorthand for such a task.

--
Jeff Carter
"From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish."