* Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-06-28  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
were about. All we know about RAZOR from that post is the name of the
product, and absolutely nothing about what it might do!

* Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-06-28  0:00 ivory
From: ivory @ 1996-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

It made it nicely through the beta process, and has survived a couple
of weeks of 'silent' release on the net.  It seems time to make the
formal cry... RAZOR 4.0 IS READY AND AVAILABLE!  Although there is a
long list of changes and enhancements (most a direct result of
customer input), there are two big ones worth mentioning here...

- The version control package now supports a hierarchical organization.

- The problem tracking system is now available as a Windows 95/NT client.

If you're a customer with an active service contract, you are free to
pull this new release down as an upgrade at no charge.  If you're not
familiar with Razor, we'd encourage you to pull down a copy of our
documentation and/or the executables and give it a once over.

For those with web access, the following URLs may be handy...

  Our main page...........  http://www.tower.com
  More details on 4.0 ....  http://www.tower.com/announce_4.0.html
  To download stuff.......  http://www.tower.com/specs_razor.html#Demo
  Quotes from customers...  http://www.tower.com/quotes.html

If you don't have web access, please feel free to contact us, and we'll
do whatever we can to help.

[Yes... this is a vendor posting, but we did our best to follow good
netiquette by keeping this brief, with a high data to hype ratio.
Please let us know if we've succeeded or failed.]

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------- ________ -------------------
John E. Ivory          103 Sylvan Way              /   ___         ___  ___
ivory@tower.com        New Hartford, NY 13413     /   /  / | /| / /_   /__/
                       V: 315-724-3540           /   /__/  |/ |/ /__  /  \
http://www.tower.com   F: 315-724-3129            C O N C E P T S ,  I N C

------ Razor: File version control with integrated problem tracking -------

* Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-07-03  0:00   ` Ari Lukumies
From: Ari Lukumies @ 1996-07-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar wrote:

> I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
> wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
> were about. All we know about RAZOR from that post is the name of the
> product, and absolutely nothing about what it might do!

Maybe it's a software competitor for Gillette products :)

Later,
 AriL
--
All my opinions are mine and mine alone.

* Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-07-03  0:00     ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1996-07-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <31DA3AA6.37C4@la.ccfo.carel.fi>,
Ari Lukumies  <Ari.Lukumies@la.ccfo.carel.fi> wrote:
>Robert Dewar wrote:
>> I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
>> wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
>> were about. All we know about RAZOR from that post is the name of the
>> product, and absolutely nothing about what it might do!
>
>Maybe it's a software competitor for Gillette products :)

Nonsense!  Clearly RAZOR is a supporting toolset for the OCCAM
language.

Any fool could tell that! :-)

--
    Visit the Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.ocsystems.com/booch
           This is not your father's Ada -- lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada

* Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-07-03  0:00   ` Stefan 'Stetson' Skoglund
From: Stefan 'Stetson' Skoglund @ 1996-07-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yeah, sending pr messages without telling the usages of something
is lame .

Stefan 'Stetson' Skoglund          I               |
sp2stes1@ida.his.se                I               |
<http://www.his.se/ida/~sp2stes1/> I         _____/0\_____
                                   I ____________O(.)O___________
H\"ogskolan i Sk\"ovde, Sverige    I      I-+-I    O    I-+-I
                                   I      Viggen with two Rb04

* Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
@ 1996-07-05  0:00     ` ivory
From: ivory @ 1996-07-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Somebody wrote...
> I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
> wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
> were about.

Whoops.  <blush>
My mistake.

I may have been a bit too successful in my efforts to keep things brief.
The final line of my .signature and the light mentions of verson control
and problem tracking in the body should have been expanded upon, but it's
sometimes hard to decide where/when a 'news' posting turns into an
infomercial.

Razor is an integrated software package to handle both configuration
management and problem tracking needs.  Other software packages that
address this are SCCS/RCS, ClearCase, P3, PVCS, et al for the version
control aspect, and DDTs or GNATS for the problem tracking aspect.  I
could elaborate (ad nausea) about how the products differ from a technical
and pricing perspective, but will spare you the pain (unless you ask ;-).

We normally have kept posts about the product confined to the comp.software.eng
and comp.software.config-mgmt groups, where our product is discussed from
time to time.  One of our customers suggested that we post here since we
have a well established customer base in the Ada/DoD environment.

Thanks,
John

----------------------------------------------- ________ -------------------

@ 1996-07-05  0:00     ` Jake Kesinger
From: Jake Kesinger @ 1996-07-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

: Robert Dewar wrote:
: > I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
: > wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
: > were about. All we know about RAZOR from that post is the name of the
: > product, and absolutely nothing about what it might do!

: Maybe it's a software competitor for Gillette products :)

Or something that should have gone on comp.lang.occam?
--
  --Jake     _    Jake Kesinger (kesinger@math.ttu.edu), Outrageous Liar
LUBBOCK -> _|*~-  http://www.math.ttu.edu/~kesinger/