From: Brad Moore <brad.moore@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: gprbuild not working on GNAT 2015 GPL for raspberry pi cross compile
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:32:30 -0600
Date: 2015-07-12T14:32:30-06:00	[thread overview]

On 2015-07-11 11:56 PM, Simon Wright wrote:
> Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:
>
>> Brad Moore <brad.moore@shaw.ca> writes:
>>
>>> I am trying to get gprbuild to work for the GNAT 2015 GPL Raspberry Pi
>>> 2 Linux (32 bits) release.
>>>
>>> When I try to build one of my project files, I get the error,
>>>
>>> "warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its
>>> sources"
>>
>> Run gprconfig -v
>>
>> and see what it says about what compilers are available. Then specify
>> one of those as the target for the gprbuild.
>
> Actually,
>
>     gprconfig -v --target=<your target>
>
> or
>
>     gprconfig -v --target=all
>
> Gprconfig looks for a compiler and a runtime. If it finds {target}-gcc
> it runs -dumpmachine to find the version, then looks for runtimes in (at
> least) lib/gcc/{target}/{version}; first in adalib/, then via
> ada_object_path, then via rts-*/.

Thanks Stephen and Simon for the suggestions,

Executing the above commands pointed out that I hadn't set the ENV_PREFIX variable correctly,
which was why my compiler install was not being detected.
 From this I was eventually able to get things to compile and execute using gprbuild.

There were a few other things I had to setup as well, for example, the run-time had to be
explicitly linked in via the project file directives for Raspian, but for the x86 builds, this wasn't necessary.
(This was only needed for an executable for which the main was written in C, calling Ada, otherwise
the project files involving pure Ada code did not require any modifications)

Cheers,

Brad