* Add "FileInfo" to Ada DLL with GNAT?
@ 2005-03-25 14:12 Joe HM
From: Joe HM @ 2005-03-25 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello -

I was wondering if there is a way to add information to an Ada DLL that
is created with GNAT?

If you create DLLs in Visual Basic (.NET), there is an AssemblyInfo.vb
file that has entries like
<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.0")>
to define the version number for instance.  In VB I can then read this
information.

Can this be done with GNAT?

Thanks!
Joe

* Re: Add "FileInfo" to Ada DLL with GNAT?
@ 2005-03-26  4:39 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2005-03-26  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I haven't done it with GNAT, but I have with ObjectAda.

I don't have an example on this machine, but as I recall it involved setting
up and linking with a .DEF file to include version information in the PE
header.

Steve
(The Duck)